Monday, August 10, 2015

wood slice chalkboard


I know that you've seen these around... those wood slice chalkboards. I've seen them for sale about everywhere. Did you know that they're super easy to make too? I made one in the picture below!


I went for a little shopping trip to my local craft store. I ventured down the aisle with all of the wood products. I've mentioned it in my rustic cake stand post that you can buy slices of wood in varying sizes and shapes.

I then picked up a jar of chalkboard paint in a color that matched my decor (which has since changed... since I made this baby months ago). You will want to put multiple layers of paint on the wood. If you don't put enough, the chalk will be difficult to erase. I used a sponge paint brush to do this, so I could have more control around the edges.

Then I screwed a picture hook to the back of the slice so that I could hang it on the wall.

Super easy, quick, and a fun piece to add to your decor.

Here is a little inspiration that I found from pinterest for your own project.

This is the one that inspired me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment